The Mer Wiki now uses your Mer user account and password (create account on https://bugs.merproject.org/)
Adaptations/libhybris/Install SailfishOS for m7
|Device released|| Linux
What works, what doesn't? What can I expect?
This is a work in progress. At the moment the single biggest problem is that the modem is not functional which obviously means no calls and no mobile data. This also has the added downside that Jolla Store support is unavailable as the device IMEI cannot be retrieved. Third-party apps are available however via OpenRepos.
Requirements for installation
- HTC One (GSM variant) obviously.
- CyanogenMod 11.0 zipfile: cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-M12-m7.zip available for download from here
- Latest SailfishOS release from here. Only functional images will be available for download so pick the one with the most recent time-stamp.
- Computer with adb and fastboot installed.
- Patience and luck
- Install the last CyanogenMod 11.0 stable build for the HTC One (cm-11-20141112-SNAPSHOT-M12-m7) by following the instructions on the CyanogenMod wiki. This is comprised of 3 steps (unlock bootloader, install Teamwin Recovery, copy and install CyanogenMod) and it is very well documented there.
- Once installed using either adb or MTP transfer the SailfishOS zip file to the /sdcard/ on the phone.
- Shut the device down and boot into recovery by holding down the volume-down and power buttons at the same time.
- Select recovery using the volume keys and confirm using the power button.
- Once in recovery, select 'install', scroll down the bottom of the /sdcard and select the SailfishOS zip. Swipe to confirm and after around two minutes or so the installation will be complete.