The Mer Wiki now uses your Mer user account and password (create account on https://bugs.merproject.org/)
Mer on Openmoko Successor GTA04
This page details the steps required to bring up a development environment which can be used to create a basic Mer image.
The hardware adaptation is maintained in the project [https://build.merproject.org/project/packages?project=home%3Amayerjosua home:mayerjosua
- Linux 2.6.32 + OpenGL-ES + X.org
- Linux 3.7.0 + OpenGL-ES on Framebuffer
- USB Networking
- Linux 3.7.0 + OpenGL-ES with X.org
- Plasma Active GUI
Building a Plasma Active Image
An adaptation kickstart file can be generated from the plasma-active-kickstart repository:
mer-kickstarter -e . -c latest-devel/plasma-active-latest-devel.yaml -o plasma-active-latest-ks
To build an image from the result:
cd plasma-active-latest-ks sudo mic create fs plasma-active-armv7l-gta04.ks -o . --arch=armv7hl --logfile=plasma-active-build.log
The Image can be unpacked to any partition on the sdcard and then booted.
- plasma-device uses 100% cpu and does not react to clicks on the screen.
- Kernel Panic happens 50% of the time during boot.