The Mer Wiki now uses your Mer user account and password (create account on https://bugs.merproject.org/)
Introduction to Mer
Mer aims to be an open, inclusive, meritocratically governed and openly developed Core optimized for HTML5/QML/JS, providing a mobile-optimised base distribution for use by device manufacturers. The Core is based upon the work from the MeeGo project and hopefully, over time, to be sharing effort together with the Tizen project.
We have some clear goals:
- To be openly developed and governed as a meritocracy
- That the primary customers of the platform are device vendors - not end-users.
- To have a device manufacturer oriented structure, processes and tools: make life easy for them
- To provide a device oriented architecture
- To be inclusive of technologies (such as MeeGo/Tizen/Qt/EFL/HTML5)
- To innovate in the mobile OS space