The Mer Wiki now uses your Mer user account and password (create account on https://bugs.merproject.org/)
Adaptations/libhybris/Install SailfishOS for 2011 Xperias
Supported Sony Ericsson 2011 Xperia devices
- Arc/Arc S (anzu)
- Live (coconut)
- Neo V (haida)
- Neo (hallon)
- Pro (iyokan)
- Mini Pro (mango)
- Active (satsuma)
- Mini (smultron)
- Ray (ururhi)
Steps to install
- Install adb and fastboot on your workstation :
- Debian/Ubuntu: apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
- Fedora: yum install android-tools
- Mageia: urpmi android-tools (included in upcoming relase of Mageia 5).
- OpenSUSE: zypper in android-tools
- Mac OS X: Install Homebrew from http://brew.sh/, then: brew install android-platform-tools
- Windows: See http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_fastboot_intro for instructions
- CWM ClockWorkMod Recovery tool is also included in the Sailfish kernel (hybris-boot.img, needs to be extracted from Sailfish image zip file) and can be installed during installation LegacyXperia cm-11.0 instead of installing LegacyXperia kernel.
- You may follow the instructions at https://github.com/LegacyXperia/Wiki/wiki/Installing-Lollipop#step-1-prepare-sd-card to prepare the sdcard for installation of Sailfish. In the end you need to have two partitions on sdcard, partition 1 FAT32 formatted and partition 2 ext4 formatted (preferably at least 4GB, will contain Sailfish and user data, absolute minimum 1 GB). You may use whatever tool you want for repartitioning the sdcard, easiest on pc with memory card reader.
- The following instructions use iyokan (Xperia Pro) as an example, replace the device codename with the correct one for other devices.
- Download LegacyXperia cm-11.0 nightly (tested with cm-11-20150723-UNOFFICIAL-LegacyXperia-iyokan.zip) from http://legacyxperia.github.io/ and follow instructions from https://github.com/LegacyXperia/Wiki/wiki/Installing-LegacyXperia-for-Dummies to install the LegacyXperia image.
- IMPORTANT! Format android system partition in the recovery of the Sailfish kernel (or kernel from cm-11-20150723) before installation of cm-11.0!
- Download Sailfish OS for Xperia Pro image from http://images.devaamo.fi/sfa/iyokan/ and flash it over LegacyXperia cm-11.0.
- If you did not already install Sailfish kernel during LegacyXperia cm-11.0 installation then you now need to extract hybris-boot.img from Sailfish image zip file and install it using fastboot following the procedure described in the LegacyXperia cm-11.0 installation instructions.
How to Build Image
|Device released|| Linux
(Issues marked with [FIX] have a known fix and will be resolved in next release)
- Jolla Store available only on iyokan (Xperia Pro).
- SIM pin query currently not supported, please remove pin query using LegacyXperia or another phone.
- No OTA updates.
- Proximity sensor problems during calls.
- Keyboard layout changing works but layouts are incorrect. (iyokan, mango)
- Bluetooth contact sync does not work to device but works from device.
Refer to bugzilla for list of other known issues.
XDA discussion and updates: http://forum.xda-developers.com/jolla-sailfish/general/request-port-sailfish-os-to-xperia-2011-t2171283
Alpha4 - 26 June 2016
- Sailfish OS 126.96.36.199
- Mobile networking regression in last image is now fixed
- WLAN selection fix for devices with small resolution display
- Fix for video recording in camera (I had to reduce the video resolution to 864x480 to get it working reliably)
- And a possible fix for camera flash on urushi