The Mer Wiki now uses your Mer user account and password (create account on https://bugs.merproject.org/)
Adaptations/libhybris/Install SailfishOS for maguro
Steps to install
Note: Current release is based on SailfishOS 126.96.36.199 (Yliaavanlampi). The Galaxy Nexus port is considered to be alpha quality.
- Install adb and fastboot on your workstation :
- Debian/Ubuntu: apt-get install android-tools-adb android-tools-fastboot
- Fedora: yum install android-tools
- Mageia: urpmi android-tools (included in upcoming relase of Mageia 5).
- OpenSUSE: zypper in android-tools
- Mac OS X: Install Homebrew from http://brew.sh/, then: brew install android-platform-tools
- Windows: See http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Doc:_fastboot_intro for instructions
- Unlock your device using this instructions: Unlocking the device
- Install a recovery using this instructions: Installing recovery using fastboot
- (Optional but recommended) Make a backup using recovery.
- Download CyanogenMod 10.1.3 from http://download.cyanogenmod.org/get/jenkins/42525/cm-10.1.3-maguro.zip and follow instructions from Installing CyanogenMod from recovery to install the CyanogenMod image.
- Download Sailfish OS for Galaxy Nexus image from sailfishos-maguro-release-188.8.131.52-my1-201504231910.zip and flash it over CyanogenMod.
- Reboot the device and it should boot to Sailfish OS. Note: first boot process can take 2-3 minutes, if the device shows Google logo for 4-5 minutes, do a reboot using power button.
How to build image
- Automated Script - https://github.com/dmt4/sfa-mer
For current status of hardware support refer to https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris
- Reading from SIM does not work. You'll need to remove your PIN lock before flashing.
- The camera does not work.
- Video playback is partially working. WIP.
Refer to bugzilla for more up-to-date list of known issues.
- SIM can be unlocked also following this steps: Settings > System Settings > Share Internet > pull down the menu > Activate SIM card > enter PIN.
Please, visit XDA specific thread for maguro: SailfishOS for Galaxy Nexus (GSM) or join us at #sailfishos-porters on freenode.
Refer to https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Adaptations/libhybris/porters for full list of devices maintainers.