The Mer Wiki now uses your Mer user account and password (create account on https://bugs.merproject.org/)
Adaptations/libhybris/Install SailfishOS for mako
Notes for installing Sailfish OS on Nexus 4.
|Device released|| Linux
gamma8 - 29th of Dec, 2016
- New Sailfish OS release 220.127.116.11
- Dirty Cow kernel fix
- Kernel support for JBD, XFS, iso9660 and UDF filesystems added.
gamma7 - 12th of Sep, 2016
- New Sailfish OS release 18.104.22.168
gamma6 - 16th of May, 2016
- New Sailfish OS release 22.214.171.124
gamma5 - 8 April 2016
- Sound recording works - that is, in camera app when capturing video, in the Sound Recorder app, and in other places
- Dual mic is used for voicecalls - that improves the quality of your voice heard by the other party.
- Proximity sensor is now used by mce - most visible is that the screen goes off during voicecalls and you can't press stuff with your cheek
- WLAN might not have actual connection sometimes, reconnecting to an AP usually suffices
- GPS fix is slow due to no AGPS (ping us on #sailfishos-porters IRC if you want to help there)
- Android's virtual SD Card is not mounted, but can be tried done manually: see Question 16 on http://bit.ly/port-user-faq
- Virtual keyboard audio feedback doesn't produce sound on every tap.
Requirements for installation
- Base Android zip: CyanogenMod download
- Latest Sailfish OS release: (newest directory and then the zip)
- Computer with adb and fastboot installed
- Patience and luck
- Install Android base zip by following instructions: CyanogenMod website
- Install the Sailfish OS zip on top of that Android base
- Software-related bugs (Sailfish OS): first search in https://together.jolla.com. If not found, add your question and tag with "porting"
- App bugs (e.g. an app doesn't scale well on different screens): contact its developer
- Problems which depend on hardware: search existing http://bit.ly/port-bugs; add new http://bit.ly/port-new-bug
- Please do not contact Jolla Care, Jolla Developer Care or phone's maker (e.g. LG, OnePlus, Google), as this is the Sailfish OS community's build for other phones
OTA (Over-the-Air) update
- Open shell with normal nemo user
- You can be on any Sailfish OS version you have installed before
- Ensure that sailfish_latest_(architecture) repo on OBS points to the version you'll OTA to for best results (ping us on IRC if not sure)
Currently available OTA versions:
- for Nexus 4: 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206
- for Nexus 5: 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
- (we're also coding an OTA update checker, sync with mal- at IRC and help with that!)
RELEASE=<the version> # e.g. RELEASE=22.214.171.124 devel-su sed -i -e 's#^adaptation=.*$#adaptation=http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/lge:/mako/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/#' \ /usr/share/ssu/repos.ini ssu dr adaptation0 ssu release $RELEASE ssu dr extra ssu dr mw ssu ar mw http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/common/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/ ssu er mw ssu ar dhd http://repo.merproject.org/obs/nemo:/testing:/hw:/lge:/mako/sailfish_latest_armv7hl/ ssu lr # ^ double-triple check that no -two- enabled repos point to the same URL # You may have many of OpenRepos enabled. It's recommended to disable them, even # though version --dup will do its best-effort to isolate repositories: ssu lr | grep openrepos devel-su zypper clean -a devel-su zypper ref -f version --dup # if above fails, try again version --dup sync reboot
For project status, bugs, and changelog click here.
devel-su pkcon refresh devel-su pkcon install SDL2 # hammerhead only: devel-su usermod -G net_bt_stack -a nemo
sync reboot # and enter recovery
Download appropriate .zip file:
- For CyanogenMod 10.1 base ROM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qspp5s4rvfwaiig/sfdroid-mako.zip?dl=0
- For CyanogenMod 11.0 base ROM: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yo0netk0srfnh6/sfdroid-mako-for_cm11.zip?dl=0
- Source code: https://github.com/krnlyng/sfdroid_renderer
It has been tested against SFOS 126.96.36.199, check for differences in init.rc for other versions before flashing (even though they should change rarely at this point).
- Install this zip via TWRP (used as example here) or CWM:
- MultiROM: via Advanced->Multirom->List Roms->your rom->Flash Zip
- Non-MultiROM: choose to Flash Zip or adb sideload (WARNING! If you ever use
fastboot boot boot.imgto boot to underlying CM, sfdroid will break that! To fix, you need to put back the original libsurfaceflinger.so)
- Reboot (might take longer than usual, screen might become unresponsive for a few seconds)
- Launch sfdroid from the App Grid
radio.img v0.97 is needed for networking to work, especially when primary ROM is Lollipop or newer.
Flash radio.img to
firmware partition for global effect. To us it only for Sailfish OS, follow Question 14 here: http://bit.ly/port-user-faq
Here as example we'll use hammerhead (Nexus 5) instructions. They are similar for other devices.
- MultiROM Installation instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/google-nexus-5/orig-development/mod-multirom-v24-t2571011