The Mer Wiki now uses your Mer user account and password (create account on https://bugs.merproject.org/)
IRC Chatter is a lightweight, touch-friendly IRC client aimed at touchscreen devices. IRC Chatter is based on Qt, QML, and its backend uses libcommuni, a Qt-based IRC client library.
IRC Chatter is free and open source software licensed under the terms of GPLv2+. (Some parts are licensed under LGPL.)
IRC Chatter was born from the necessity to have an awesome IRC app on MeeGo. The platform didn't support previous software technologies like GTK+ or QWidgets, so it was necessary to create one in QML. This was the first IRC client for the platform and has gone a long way since then: now it's the official IRC client of Nemo Mobile, and enjoys popularity in the community.
The author of the app is Timur Kristóf (aka. Venemo)
- Hiemanshu Sharma (aka. hiemanshu)
- László Papp (aka. djszapi)
- Johannes Siipola (aka. joppu) created the icon
Special thanks to:
- Misha Ketslah (aka. ZogG)
- Ryan Abel (aka. GeneralAntilles)
- Javier S. Pedro (aka. javispedro)
You can ask your questions from us directly on IRC, on Freenode.
- #irc-chatter is the official channel for IRC Chatter
- #nemomobile is the channel for Nemo related discussions, feel free to ask about IRC Chatter there too
- v0.3.2 - Nov 10, 2012
- To install on Nemo, run zypper in irc-chatter as root.
- Download for Harmattan
Bugs, feature requests
- Please use the Nemo bugzilla to report them
- File your bug under the "Applications" / "IRC client" category
It should work on any platform but its current UI is dependent on the MeeGo Qt Components.
- Nemo Mobile
- Plasma Active
Hacking on IRC Chatter
- IRC Chatter repo on Gitorious
- Shortended URL is http://bit.ly/ircchattercode
- Feel free to clone it and send me merge a request if you've implemented something!
- Communi's site
- The usual Qt mantra
- Qt >= 4.7.x
- Qt Quick 1.1
- qt-components (the MeeGo variant)
- NOTE: because of Nokia Store packaging requirements, the necessary parts of the Communi library are embedded into the executable
- NOTE: the author of Communi has also created his own IRC client app, which is not to be confused with IRC Chatter
- NOTE: IRC Chatter only uses MTF for notifications. This is something that can be easily patched out. The app does not use MTF for any other purpose.